Would you like to work in a fast growing tech scaleup with the shared mission of making the energy system more sustainable through digital innovation?
Utilifeed is currently in the process of building up a commercial team. We launched our SaaS-platform for district heating utilities in a commercial form during spring this year and have recently recruited a Chief Sales Officer and a Customer Success Manager to kickstart our commercial phase. To further strengthen our commercial focus we are now also employing an experienced business developer.
In this position you will be collaborating closely with our product owner team, commercial team and top management in an easy going, friendly and high performing environment.
Our purpose with this recruitment
- Strengthen our business development skills by adding an experienced business developer who can support and mentor other team members.
- Ensure that we successfully convert results from RnD-projects into profitable features with high customer usage and satisfaction.
- Add another team member who can drive new product development initiatives.
- Further improve our existing innovation- and product development process.
- Improve our ability to manage complex sales processes.
- Establish and develop partnerships with other stakeholders, especially other service providers.
Who we believe you are
We believe you are a person who has several years of experience within the field of successfully bringing new services or products to the market. At Utilifeed you will be a stakeholder and sometimes even an owner of new development initiatives during the development phase. Your focus area in this process is to ensure that what we develop always has a commercial viability and that our sales and marketing department receives all necessary resources to successfully launch new features or products. Through your previous work and academic experience you are already well aware of what it takes to do this successfully. Since Utilifeed is a SaaS-company within the energy industry, you will ideally have experience from both the SaaS world and the energy industry. At the same time this is a narrow niche which means that we strongly advise you to apply even if you have limited experience in one of these fields. From our point of view a successful business developer is a person who is especially strong at understanding market contexts and the inner life of our customers' organisations and turning those insights into strong services and offerings. If you don’t already have experience from our target markets it’s likely that you have a strong track record in understanding new industry contexts, which for example is quite typical for experienced management consultants.
Your main responsibilities
- Ensure that new modules in existing service and potential new services are meeting customer expectations and that they fit our sales and marketing processes.
- Develop strategic collaboration with industry partners.
- Drive potential complex sales that do not fit into our existing SaaS-sales process.
- Ensure commercial viability in new development initiatives.
- A friendly, open and helpful attitude to fellow human beings.
- Strategic mindset and operative excellence.
- A strong track record within business development and commercial innovation.
- Experience from SaaS business models and development.
- Deep insight in the needs of energy utilities and the property sector.
- Experience in internationalisation.
- Ability to engage customers in collaborative development and need recognition.
- Ability to work in a structured manner and add standardized processes when needed.
- Experience from successfully driving enterprise sales.
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to share knowledge in many different forms and channels.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with people with a wide range of experiences and backgrounds.
- Fluency in Swedish and English.
We expect to keep the recruitment process open until 30:th of August, but we’ll conduct interviews continuously, so don’t wait with your application until the last minute if you want to maximize your chances. We expect a cover letter and a CV. In addition, you’ll have to answer a few questions in the application process. Expect this to take 10-15 minutes. Five to ten applications will be shortlisted for a first round of interviews of which we will move forward with a few for a second round of interview. As a final evaluation we might add a second opinion step where an interview and tests is performed by a third party.